Thursday, March 24, 2005

The tenth muse

Given that the deadline is the tenth muse, and probably the most effective, I will start adding a new entry to my short story Seven Years every Monday. As a bit of a forerunner so I can get right into the story, I should say that this story is dedicated to a good friend of mine who I haven't been able to see for quite a long time. This story represent my first (and so far only) attempt to write a story centering around a female, so please everyone realize that I am writing quite a ways out of my normal zone for this. Also, to those who might read it who KNOW Leeann, Sheik is not intended to be an image of Leeann under different circumstances. She merely shares some common ground with Lee.

As the observant person might have picked up from the name Shiek, this story is based off a game which I do not own. Nor am I making money off of it. If I thought I could make money off it, it wouldn't be on this blog, now would I? If you have NOT played The Legends of Zelda: ignorance of Time you might not get as much out of this story, and it will given away a few secrets of the game (though only ones that I found blatantly obvious while playing... Who DIDN'T know Saria was the forest sage, or know who Shiek REALLY was?) But I have tried to make it an enjoyable story eben for those who do not have a good grasp on Hylian history. Basically, there is a country Hyrule, and the King of the Thieves is able to take over the land. Princess Zelda flees Hyrule Palace and remains in hiding for seven years while our hero (Link) sleeps in the temple of time. After the seven years have passed he emergages to find Hyrule under the control the evil King (who's name is Gannondorf BTW). In the game you then go on (as Link) to defeat Gannondorf and save the world (yea, clap, cheer). This story is about what happened in the seven years before Link's return, and the story of the person who would be the greatest help to him when he awoke: Sheik, the mysterious youth. (and for the record of those freaks who think Sheik is a male, she's not... so ha... I don't care what psudo "offical" site you find that says otherwise... that is just WAY TOO WACKED)

Anyway, that's all the pre-story work, enjoy Lee. Love you!

Czar P.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leeann said...

Well I guess it's time I get a taste of my own medicine... *wry smile* after years of writing other people I suppose I need to feel what it's like. I am very anxious to start reading it. While a little concerned about the apparant ambiguity of my character's gender, I trust you, my friend... I think...

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure we shall all enjoy reading it. *smile* Even though this is out of your normal writing realm, you will, I am sure, be able to capture at least the main characteristics of females. Besides, if you don't, I am sure there will be a few who will help correct your mistakes. *side smile*

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home