Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Wake me Up When September Ends

And they did… Teaching, classes, students offering me money for higher grades (ok, so that doesn’t happen that much) working with the student newspaper (they do like my little comics) the whole nine yards… but the most important thing of all is coming down; Houston is in the Divisional Championship. For those less knowledgeable about the greatest sport in the universe (simultaneously humanity’s greatest achievement) the Baseball post-season consists first of a first round of divisional champions play in best of five sets. There are three divisions and a wild card (forth best team) in each league. This year Houston will square off with Atlanta for the Divisional Championship. In all likelihood St. Louis will win their divisional games (they are playing the worst team to make it to October) and face either Houston or Atlanta in the League championship. This is where we all root hard for Houston to take first Atlanta and then St. Louis to the school house. Then it comes; the cream-ah-la-cream (yes, make fun of me Allis), the whole nine yards, all the Tacos on the Fiesta Platter, the all-out, no-holds-barred, best-of-seven, slugfest, That’s right, the one, the only, World Series.


Anyone who was just surfing blogger and happened on my spot now probably thinks I am a total nut job. In fact, my teach-addicted-to-baseball-with-extremely-hot-girlfriend persona is probably reminiscent of Fever Pitch. This, however, is not the case. The teacher in Fever Pitch teaches math… 7th graders in my class correct my math… am I like him? You do the math, cause frankly, I suck at it. (and before a parent flips out, I teach reading, art, and history… so your child is safe… well, his math is safe at any rate, you’d better double check the other things when he gets home)


There is a crisp fall feel here in Dayton, so I had to post… keep up the good work everyone (pathetic humans) and I will write soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Derby said...

hey. September is over; wake up!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Houston Astros!!!

Not that I understand all the gibberish about who will play whom when and where, but at least I know which team is in Houston (for the record I DID know that off the top of my head) and that I am to root for them. *smile* And while I don't always understand all the rules nor do I know exactly when a ball is foul when it hits the foul poll thing-a-ma-bob, I do like to watch the game; especially if I could do so with Mr. Teacher-addicted-to-baseball... *smirk*

4:35 PM  
Blogger Leeann said...

If not math skills, at least you have the hot girlfriend :-P And between you and the guys at work... when will the baseball insanity end?! People were SCREAMING bloody murder watching Game 1 of a series last night... it's gonna be a long October...

8:26 AM  
Blogger Vigilante Clowns of Justice said...

You two have each other, I fail to see why you need the official sport of the last man ;p

8:13 PM  
Blogger Vigilante Clowns of Justice said...

Sorry man, don't mean to smackdown what you love. Looking forward to both seeing you sometime and catching up on your story someday.

Jeff

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home