Monday, April 18, 2005

They say a picture is worth a thousand words…

Which isn’t really true. However, since I posted a good segment on Thursday of last week I feel perfectly fine with not posting an update today (plus, no one has reviewed my last segment *much sadness*). Instead I will show you all a nice picture to go with my story. This isn’t the BEST drawling of Shiek I have ever seen, but it captures more the image I am driving at in the story. She looks pretty feminine, but also boy-ish at the same time. I am thinking it would be like her on her little ledge, or like her later at Lon Lon Ranch (which we haven’t got to yet in the story). I figure she is still in disguise, but has dropped the magical shields that add the finishing touches to her alias.

Anyway, here is the link so you guys can see it and the artist get the due credit (people who steal other people’s work that is posted for review on-line are more worthy of death then anyone else in the world).

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/a/n/andamay2/zelda_is_sheik_final.jpg.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I am posting on your blog twice in one day...amazing...

This pic is a lot more delicate then I was picturing...how can such a delicate person fight so well?

9:02 PM  
Blogger Leeann said...

Ok, ok!! Sorry about the no-post on the last (and thankfully very long) edition, but it's still a "Hitler was a bad man" situation. We're still obviously at the brink of something very bad happening, it's so close I can taste it, so what to say but "veni, veni"? I think Draq is a very bad man, and I hope that Sheik isn't wrong for being in love with someone she doesn't even know, really. It's just all sort of depressing at the moment, I guess, and the picture sort of summed that up. And actually, per your request a few weeks back, I had looked up pictures on this site and this was one of the ones I came across (and realized the red eyes thing, as well as the SHE'S BLONDE! thing...) So those are my very not intelligent comments for the evening.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Czar said...

Well Sarah, that’s a good question. It does, however, have a fairly simple answer. First, Shiek is an experienced combatant. She was undoubtedly trained to fight in an eastern type martial art as witnessed by the fact that she fights hand to hand (in fact, in her fight sequences I actually model her movements off of the scattering of arts I know). Many martial arts deal with using your opponents force rather then your own to inflect damage. Many more deal with using momentum, leverage, and other techniques to maximize one’s strength. Shiek would no doubt be utilizing one of these schools of thought. Also, as the story has implied (or at least tried to imply… maybe I didn’t get it across as well as I wanted), Shiek is in fact the least effective combatant on the team. Draq has a great deal of physical strength, as well as good skills with pole-arm combat. Toran is quick (though not really as quick as Shiek) and has strength of his own, and is actually (though we haven’t seen it yet) a remarkable swordsman. Scela of course, has great ranged skills, though in actual strength he isn’t much (if ANY) stronger then Shiek. Shiek’s martial powers are, as said, the least of the group’s. Her main advantage over the others is that she is very quick. Here is a cool little “stats” chart.

Power Speed Endurance Range
Shiek 4 10 7 3


Toran 7 8 10 1


Draq 10 4 8 4

Scela 3 7 6 10

Skultoid 6 7 5 0

Link 9 8 10 9

Take that for what you will. Basically, it says how each member of the team contributes to things like raids and such. Of course there are the intangibles (like Shiek’s leadership abilities. Obviously Toran and Scela look up to her a great deal, and while one wouldn’t really say Draq looks up to anyone he respects most of her choices).

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home